Interlibrary Loan Request Form
* required field
1 request per submission. All boxes must be completed
Interlibrary loan policies and restrictions
* You may request books or photocopies of journal articles. You must be a patron in good standing with the Aaniiih Nakoda College Library.
* You may have THREE active interlibrary loan requests at one time. (Journal articles are not included in this count)
Aaniiih Nakoda College Library will not process a request if the item is required in less 2 weeks. (If you are writing a paper that is due in one week, we will not fill the request.)
Aaniiih Nakoda College provides free interlibrary loan to our patrons. If the loaning library assesses a fee, that fee will be passed on to the person asking for the material. A library staff person will contact you before placing the request, if there is a fee.
Aaniiih Nakoda College Library is able to provide interlibrary loans for most books and items in other media, but there are exceptions:
1. Materials that have been published within the calendar year or located in foreign countries
2. Materials in high demand;
3. Materials that do not circulate (Reference, genealogical materials, etc.);
4. Materials limited by licensing agreements; and,
The availability of interlibrary loan materials depends upon the willingness of other libraries to lend materials. It is not guaranteed. Notices of refusals to loan are provided to the patron.
The loan period for interlibrary loan items is determined by the lending library (usually two weeks). The patron will be notified that the item has arrived. The ILL will be held for 3 days after notification. If not picked up, it will be returned to the lending library. Failure to return interlibrary loan items on time or to pick up items ordered through interlibrary loan can result in eventual suspension of interlibrary loan privileges.
Renewals of items
Granting of renewals is determined by the lending library
Lost Interlibrary loan materials
If an item received through interlibrary loan is lost or damaged, the patron is responsible for all overdue fines, the cost of the item, any processing fee charged by the lending library. When materials are lost or returned late, the borrowing privileges of both the patron and the Aaniiih Nakoda College Library are jeopardized.